Tincknell Heating, Gas Servicing Terms & Conditions
As part of all our Gas Servicing work we complete a Homeowner / Landlord Gas Safety Test.
1. Verify with the occupant any problems with the gas installation and appliances.
2. Verify that there is an adequate supply of air to all appliances.
3. Verify satisfactory operation of appliance, control taps, any ignition system, any flame supervision devices fitted, and appliance controls.
4. Verify satisfactory flame pictures of burners.
5. Verify the clearances from combustible materials and surfaces.
6. Verify the stability of the appliance(s) including the provision of stability devices on cookers.
7. Verify gas installation pipework and where appropriate any flexible connections are in very good condition and compliance with respective standards.
8. Verify the operating gas pressure or/heat input rate are correct.
9. Test all disturbed gas connections for tightness using leak detection fluid and carry out full gas tightness test if required.
10. Advise the gas user of any defects/futher work required.
Open-flue Chimney Systems
(a) Verify the condition, full route and materials (where practiable) of the chimney. Where applicable the suitability and condition of chimney pots fitted.
(b) Verify the appliance flue connection to any chimney or flue-liner. In case of a back boiler installation, check all pipes ducts or voids entering the builder's opening including the annular space around any flue-liner/flue connection are correctly sealed.
(c) Perform a flue flow check.
(d) For a gas fire, check and clear the catchment space (as required) and check that any dampers have been removed or fixed in the fully open position.
(e) Perform an appliance spillage test using any guidance given by the manufacturers'
(a) Verify case seal and sight glass seal on appliance; replace if necessary.
(b) Verify position of terminal, clearances from corners and items such as vegetation and terminal guard fitted as appropriate.
The Contractor shall not be responsible for any failures to fulfil its obligations if fulfilment has been delayed hindered or prevented by any strike or the threat thereof or compliance with any governmental order or restriction or any other circumstance not reasonably within the control of the Contractor