Installation Terms & Conditions
- Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of the works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing pipe work, fittings, equipment, etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
- The quotation is based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and in working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to make a charge correcting same. Should the Client fail to mention any relevant facts relating to the existing installation we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same.
- Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
- If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for re-instatement unless specified.
- During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the period of isolation will be as short as possible.
- Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the proposed works will be made good on completion, no allowance has been made for re-instatement of decorations. We do not guarantee to match existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been removed.
- No allowance has been made for casing in of pipe work or painting/decorating of the new works.
- It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time of survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
- Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
- Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit. Extra visits at the request of the Client or caused by circumstances beyond our control will be subject to a surcharge and may affect the completion date.
- Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or unfixed, shall not pass to the Client until payment in full has been received for said material. We reserve the right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
- No allowance has been made for out-of-hours working unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
- All dates or times given for the start of or duration of the works are given in good faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current workload commitments. These times may be varied, however, due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. emergency call-outs, breakdowns, etc. or to circumstances beyond our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet Client’s timescales.
- The works described in the quotation will be guaranteed for a period of 120 months from the date of completion against faulty design and workmanship. The materials supplied will be subject to the suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client’s Statutory Right in law are not affected by this guarantee. This guarantee does not extend to existing, installed equipment, pipe work or fittings.
- Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a different manufacturer providing they shall be suitable for the purpose intended.
- Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Client. Any faults found will be pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by the faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
- Any additional works that the Client requires to be carried out whilst the specified works are being executed will be charged at extra cost. An indication of such cost will be given and the Client’s agreement to same will be obtained before the additional works proceed.
- This quotation is open for acceptance for a period of 30 days providing the works can be commenced within 90 days both periods from the date of quotation and thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal.
- Terms of payment are given on the quotation for these works and it is a condition of acceptance that these be adhered to. We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 3% above Lloyds Banks current base rate per month on overdue accounts.
- The price specified in this quotation does not include for the removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works. This will be subject to an extra charge.
- Acceptance of the quotation confirms acceptance of these conditions.
- Prior to the commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply will be subject to a soundness test to check for compliance with the Gas Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the Client and any rectification works required may be subject to additional charges.
- Should the works include a power /jet flush of the existing heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst the treatment is generally harmless, depending on the condition of the existing components the process may find weaknesses in the system. Should any such problems be encountered then any rectification works require may be charged at extra cost.
- Should the works include a new combination heating boiler unit connected to an existing heating system the Client should be aware that the higher pressures used by this type of boiler may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs required in this respect are not included in this quotation.
- This quotation does not include for any parking fees levied in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s). Any such fees incurred will be passed onto the Client at cost.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
- If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing agents. We accept no responsibility whatever for any works carried out without the necessary permissions. We can furnish details of the proposed works if so required at possible additional cost.
- Payment is due on completion of the quoted works. Tincknell Fuels Ltd reserves the right to apply a late payment fee or charge interest to invoices which are not paid within this specified timeframe.
- COMPLAINTS POLICY We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 01749 678828, or write to us at Tincknell Heating, Cathedral View Offices, Wookey Hole Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2BT, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we aim to respond within 5 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0333 241 3209.